Frequently Asked Questions
What Insurances do you accept?
RVFM accepts almost all the major insurance providers in Colorado. For a complete list of accepted insurances, please select “Financial Information”” under the Patient information menu.u.
Do you accept new patients?
Yes! All of our providers, except Dr. Garrison, are currently accepting new patients. We can usually schedule the new patient appointment the same day.
Our providers have diverse backgrounds and we encourage you to review “Meet our Providers” section to find the doctor who is right for you.
Do you accept Medicaid?
We do not accept any Medicaid.
Do you accept Medicare?
We continue to serve Medicare patients who are already part of our clientele. However, we do not accept new Medicare patients.
Are same day appointments available?
In most cases, it is possible to schedule same day appointments with one of our providers. If you are unable to obtain a timely appointment with your preferred provider, we will make every effort to schedule a more convenient time with another provider. Because of our electronic records system, it is possible for any provider to access your medical charts to better understand your health history before meeting with you. Importantly, our providers work as a team to take care of you when your preferred doctor is out of the office or has a full schedule.
What are your hours?
We are open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. With a one hour lunch break from 12:15pm to 1:15pm.
Wednesday afternoons are reserved for our Telehealth appointments and Acute Care Clinic only.
Typically we are also open on Saturdays Labor Day through May from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. However in 2020, we will not be having Saturday hours.
How do Saturday Hours work?
Typically Saturday hours run Labor Day thru May, however, in 2020 we will not be having Saturday hours until further notice.
We accept scheduled appointments and walk-ins on Saturdays. We will see all patients who walk in our door by 1:00 p.m.
What do I need to bring to an appointment?
- Always bring your insurance card along with some form of picture identification
- A list of current medications including name, dose, how often you take it, reason for taking, date started, and prescriber
- Name, location and phone number for your preferred pharmacy
- When you are a new patient to our practice, bring completed “New Patient Forms” located on the forms page under Patient Info.
Where should I go to obtain reliable and useful information about my health condition?
What should I do to have a prescription refilled?
Prescriptions needing renewal typically require 48 hours to be filled.
- Start the prescription refill process by contacting your preferred pharmacy. The pharmacy will then contact us to verify pertinent refill information. To make the refill process smoother,
- Ask your pharmacy to FAX the refill request/order to: 303-346-0407.
- Please note: calling both our office and the pharmacy frequently slows down the process.
- It is important to plan ahead. If you need medications for the weekend, please call your pharmacy by Thursday morning and ask them to send us the request so that your prescriptions can be ready before the weekend.
- Important: The on-call provider will not be able to refill prescriptions for you.
- Also please call your pharmacy a few days before you run out so that sufficient time is available to fill your prescription.
- You are encouraged to request refills 5 days before you run out of your medication
- Please confirm with your pharmacy that the order has been placed prior to picking it up
- For controlled substances, you must contact your provider before the prescription is refilled
Do I have to buy supplements from you?
No, you do not have to buy any products from us. We offer high quality supplements from Douglas Labs, Rejuvenation Science, Replesta and Nordic Naturals. There is an expansive and variable quality of supplements available from other retailers. We offer select high quality supplements to help ease the process of purchasing your supplements.
Which laboratories do you use to process blood work?
We use Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp depending on which laboratory your insurance requires you to use. We have a phlebotomist on site who will draw for both Quest Diagnostics and LabCorp. Regular RVFM office hours apply. We also order a few specialty tests from ALCAT and other specialty labs, as warranted.